Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Pilot is Dead...

Just kidding. This isn't a sitcom, but it is my first post on this blog, and that sounded like a fucking rad title. Am I right?

With the drama surrounding the national debt ceiling going on in Washington, it's kind of hard to enjoy life. Right? Wrong!

A basic orientation about who I am, and what I'm going to talk about on this blog...

My name is Mark Furru. I am twenty-eight years old, but will be twenty-nine this coming Tuesday. I graduated from the University of Central Florida in 2008, with a B.A. in psychology. I'm an aspiring writer, who is interested in politics, professional sports, literature, current events, and the cinema. My number-one interest, however, is music.

I listen to all kinds of music - albeit I'm not very much into teeny bopper pop or the middle-aged pop stars with southern drawls and cowboys hats that only claim to be country singers - but I've been a huge fan of heavy metal music for the better part of my life, thus far. Sometimes, I might stray from that - and listen to alternative, indie, classic rock, oldies, old-school outlaw country, hip-hop, reggae, techno, electronica, classical, jazz, whatever - but I love to mix it up. That's why I call myself the Heavy Metal Hipster.

I'll be honest, as I type this, I'm listening to "Goodnight Tonight" by Paul McCartney & Wings. It ain't necessarily metal, but the dude was a fucking Beatle, and some mean guitar is played during the song's instrumental break. In a nutshell, it rules.

During the week, I tend to punch-in, work, punch-out, come home, and chill out like J.D. Sallinger. During the weekends, I tend to raise a little bit of karaoke hell with my droogs at Spanky's Pub - right here in beautiful Merritt Island, Florida.

I will warn everybody about one thing, though. I have opinions on just about everything that I know at least one little iota about. So don't come up and deck me, if you get offended by whatever I say. After all, this is America - the land of the beautiful, the land of the free, the land of the soon-to-be-former President Barack Obama (T-minus one year, five months, three weeks, and two days left until we inaugurate the next individual) - and we have our First Amendment rights. I'd say the odds are slim-to-none, of my words inciting a riot. And I won't delete anyone's feedback - even if it insults me - because y'all have that same Constitutional right!

Welcome! Bienvenido! Willkommen! Bienvenue! Velkommen! ようこそ!

No comments:

Post a Comment